AI that's understandable by human
HACARUS-X is a non-deep learning based AI service that can work with
very small data set and yields a result understandable by human.
too few data sets.
Our sparse modeling
algorithm only requires
small data set for analysis.
Need results in a
short period of time.
Able to identify
the characteristics that affect
result during a trial period
for 1 month or so.
Want to keep initial investment as low as possible.
You will not need
the large scale computers
or software licenses
that deep learning requires.
Sparse modeling is a data analysis methodology that extracts and simplifies only the essential elements of the calculation formulas used in complex analysis. It makes it possible to derive meaningful analysis results from small amounts of data, and is used to automate analysis and identification tasks when the large amounts of learning data required for deep learning cannot be obtained. Another feature of sparse modeling technology is that it can clarify the causal relationships between different pieces of data. We can use it to derive "the correct data itself," which is not possible with deep learning.
Masayuki OHZEKI, associate professor at the Graduate School of Information Science at Tohoku University. His research interests are broad, including machine learning and its potential from a perspective of theoretical physics and itself. He is promoting techniques of the “sparse modeling”. He graduated with a Ph.D. in physics from Tokyo Institute of Technology in 2008, and subsequently spent one and a half years as a postdoctoral fellow. He worked as an assistant professor in the Kyoto University and also researcher of Rome University. Since 2016, he has been a present position. He was awarded the 6th Young Scientists’ Award of the Physical Society of Japan, and the Young Scientists’ Prize by The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 2016.
- Image analysis
- - Medical image data
- - Drone aerial image data
- - Architectural image data
- Chronological data analysis
- - Healthcare information
- - Access log data
- - Machinery operation data from factories, etc
- - Conversation log data
- - Analysis of natural language in texts
- Detecting areas for repair on a building wall with drone aerial images (iRobotics Inc.)
- In this case, our task was to detect cracks, loose bits, peeling, and dirt from aerial images of a building taken by a drone in order to identify areas for repair. Using sparse modeling to extract characteristics from small amounts of data, we were able to detect the areas that needed repair with just a few images.
- - Interview
- - Non-disclosure agreement
- - Sample data
In this phase, we look at the data
you have to verify what sort of analysis
we can perform with Hacarus technology.
- - Analysis of actual data
- - Sparse modeling
- - Application of other methods
We help you examine and collect the data according to the task.
We decide what direction to take with the model.
- - Defining necessary data
- - Defining system coordination requirements
- - Planning implementation
Model construction and API development ASK
We build the model based on our implementation plan.
At the same time, we also design and develop a system
to coordinate with outside applications.
- - Model construction
- - API service design and development
Application/ maintenance ASK
We help you maintain the model for continued data analysis
- - Model maintenance
- - API service application
- Q.Can I apply only for the trial period?
- The contract can be divided into stages, so you can check the report for the trial period and decide if you want to proceed to the next phase.
- Q.What is the smallest amount of data required to consider analysis?
- With the sparse modeling method, we can analyze data starting from just a few dozens of data.
- Q.Can I ask you to develop the system needed to acquire the data as well?
- Depending on the results of your consultation, we may propose developing the entire system or working with an existing development contractor.
- Q.What sorts of industries do you work with?
- Our company is focused on the healthcare field, but Hacarus-X can accommodate data from all kinds of industries.